Comment on page
An introduction to Ontology nodes
While there are different types of networks, there are different types of nodes as well. Find the list below.
- Triones node | Ontology MainNet
- Triones nodes are bookkeeping nodes that participate in the network consensus, and must be voted in by user staking of ONT, after applying to be a consensus node. More information on Ontology consensus can be found here.
- Synchronization node | Ontology MainNet / Polaris TestNet
- Synchronization nodes do not participate in network consensus, and only synchronizes the blocks generated by the Triones (bookkeeping) nodes.
- Single node | Private TestNet
- Ontology supports single node network deployment for the development in private test environments.
A fully featured command line interface for creating, managing, and interacting with Ontology network nodes.
- Setup a node on the Ontology MainNet, Polaris TestNet, or private TestNet
- Manage the nodes RPC, REST, and WebSocket sub-services
- Configure node parameters such as network gas fee price and transaction limit per block
- Run and manage an Ontology MainNet consensus node
- Account and asset management
- Multi-Signature account creation and transaction signing
- Query block and transaction information
- Smart contract deployment and invocation
Ontology blockchain network consists of both a public live and public test environment. Developers also have the choice of deploying a node in a private test environment.
- Ontology (MainNet): public live environment
- Polaris (TestNet): public test environment
- Private (TestNet): private single node network and test environment
Last modified 3yr ago