dApp Development Framework
Ontology's dApp development framework - Punica suite
Punica suite is the first
dAppdevelopment framework based on the Ontology platform that encapsulates and provides all the necessary development tools and resources in a package so as to allow developers to swiftly get acquainted with
The primary functions and attributes of the framework as as follows:
- Supports unit and functional testing, relatively simpler than the
SDKtesting mechanism, thus faster and convenient.
- Smart contract compilation, deployment, and testing can all be carried out using the respective commands in the command line interface, thereby making the process more efficient.
debugfunctionality is already a part of the SmartX IDE. In the future, the
CLIwill also provide the same.
- Solo-chain allows developers to track and check the on-chain data, which is a lot more convenient and efficient than using the
testnetor setting up a private node.
dAPIavailable in different programming languages can be used to develop applications and software for all different kinds of user groups.
A whole set of development tools are a part of the Punica suite. The tools include:
- Punica Python CLI and Punica Typescript CLI command line tools allow the developer to conveniently compile, deploy, and test smart contracts on the TestNet, MainNet and the privatenet.
- Solo-chain is the private chain management tool that allows the developers to deploy a private node thereby making testing a lot more convenient.
Developers looking for a starting point to get acquainted with the Ontology development framework are suggested to start learning from Punica CLI.
After installing Punica, developers can start using SmartX to develop smart contracts while referring to Punica boxes.